In an continuing effort to better serve our membership we have developed a new smartphone application that can be downloaded and used for free from the Google Play and Apple iTunes app stores. Click on the below links to download
- RSVP for future events
- Connect with board members
- View attendee list
- New member form
- Record and share your 30-second commercial to gain feedback
- Master Networking List by Bruce Hanson Try this one - its cool!
- Area Resources - View a GPS enables map of area networking and job transition resources
- Area Resources Upcoming Events - Continuously updated schedule of area events and meetings
More features will be introduced over the coming months.
Smiling and diving has a new logo. You probably seen it on our Smart phone app. We are now switching our website to this new logo as well.
Our organization has assisted thousands of individuals successfully through their job transition. The S&D club gives you an immediate network of 400+ successful executives who also have their own networks and industry contacts. It’s important to know that you are not alone in your job search. Members sincerely care about your success. Our goal is to get you to 4 to 6 meetings so you can really capitalize on what our group has to offer.
Here the meeting dates for Smiling and Dialing in 2016:
2016 - This date was changed on January 18th.
, 2016 - This date was changed on January 18th.
September 13, 2016
, 2016 - This date was changed on January 18th.
Meetings are on Tuesday. All meetings are held at the Golden Valley Country Club.
Please download the following PDF, Member Info, complete and bring to your first meeting. Smiling and Dialing will use this to enter your information into the website.
Here are some of the rules we have developed over the years.
1. Return phone calls from members.
2. RSVP for meetings by the date established in the meeting notices.
3. Attend meetings; any member missing two meetings in a row will be dropped as an active member.
4. Members must attend at least one meeting and be an “Active” member BEFORE sponsoring any new members.
5. Before sponsoring a new member, we strongly recommend meeting with that prospective individual in person to ensure they will benefit the S&D Club and be at the level that they can ”give back” to other members.
6. Active members are responsible for any new member they sponsor. You are to explain our rules & how we operate, the 30-second commercial, what to expect at a meeting,and RSVP for them.
7. The Club email & roster are for the exclusive use of active members. They are to be used for networking and finding new or additional employment. They must not be used for other purposes or shared with non-members. Improper use of the Club email or roster may result in cancellation of membership.
8. Those in the recruiting or outplacement business are welcome but are expected to follow the rules just as any other member.
The Smiling and Dialing Club is a networking club for Senior Executives. Our mission is to help senior executives find new or additional employment within the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota metropolitan area. A fundamental belief of the Club is that networking is the most productive means of accomplishing this. We define networking as one-on-one, face-to-face meetings to share information and contacts toward a specific goal. We believe networking is most productive within a peer group and consequently limit membership to other senior executives. Members come from all professional disciplines and all industries, they may be currently employed or in transition.
Club meetings are held bimonthly and regular attendance at meetings is expected for active members. Active members missing two meetings in a row may be removed from the Club roster.
The only entry fee for Club membership, short of what members pay for meetings, is a commitment to give back.
Here are some sample commercials for use at our meetings.
1. Good morning, My name is John Smith and I have a strong background in marketing, sales and general management in the consumer goods industry. My focus going forward is a leadership role in a small to mid-sized organization that has a good entrepreneurial spirit, along with the desire and ability to grow. Again, my name is John Smith.
2. Hello, my name is Bill Jones. I was most recently the EVP & CTO of Integ, a medical diagnostics company. My experience has been in creating and commercializing medical and high-tech products. I am searching for a COO or other senior executive position as part of a small or mid-sized company that needs fast development of leading-edge technology products. Thank you, I’m Bill Jones.
3. I'm Mike Johnson, and I am seeking a senior management role in technology. I want to either build or fix things--"things" BEING either products or organizations. My last role was as CIO reviving a troubled IT organization in healthcare. My software experience is extensive. I've launched real products in commercial markets; deployed strategic systems and applications; and am old enough to know not only the origin of the term "software bug" but how to eliminate them. If you want a "can do" leader, call me.... I’m Mike Johnson.